Articles of APMCM Asia Pacific College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling (revised in 2020)
Asia Pacific 01
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 The Asia-pacific College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling (hereinafter referred to as the Contest) is a subject competition for college Students in the Asia-Pacific region sponsored by Beijing Image and Graphics Society. The contest is organized by the Organizing Committee of the Asia-Pacific College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
Article 2 With the rapid development of artificial intelligence, automatic driving, virtual reality, 5G and other technologies, image and graphics technology is also the important foundation of modern science and technology.
The field of image graphics covers digital image processing, image understanding, computer vision, data visualization, pattern recognition, computer image graphics, medical image processing, spatial information systems, etc.
The feature of the competition is to combine the problems in the field of image graphics with mathematical models, popularize the knowledge of image graphics, and use mathematical methods to solve the problems in the field of image graphics.
The aim of the competition is to stimulate students' enthusiasm in learning mathematics, improve their comprehensive ability of building mathematical models and using computer technology to solve practical problems, encourage the majority of students to actively participate in extracurricular scientific and technological activities, expand the scope of knowledge, cultivate creative spirit and sense of cooperation.
Chapter II Organizational structure and its functions and duties
Article 3 Organizational structure
The competition Organizing Committee (hereinafter referred to as the "Organizing Committee") shall be composed of personnel from the sponsor unit and the sponsor unit.
If there is sponsorship, the major sponsor of the event may recommend a representative to join the organizing committee.
The organizing Committee shall have a chairman and two vice-chairmen. The chairman shall be the person in charge of the host unit, and the vice-chairmen shall be the person in charge of the host unit and the affiliated unit of the secretariat. The person in charge of the sponsor who provides significant support for the event may be the deputy director of the organizing Committee.
The organizing committee consists of a committee of experts and a secretariat. The committee of experts is composed of teachers recommended by each organizer to engage in research and teaching related to mathematical modeling.
Article 4 Responsibilities of the Organizing Committee
(1) To deliberate on the revision of the competition regulations, implementation measures and review rules and other documents;
(2) To examine and determine the work plan for each event;
(3) List of winners of the competition;
(4) To consider the financial reports submitted by the Secretariat;
(5) the naming, sponsorship, supporting units and other relevant issues of the decision contest;
(6) to decide on other major issues in the work of the organization;
If a member of the organizing Committee does not participate in the activities of the organizing Committee for two consecutive times, his/her unit will be deemed to withdraw from the organizing Committee automatically, and the secretariat of the organizing Committee is responsible for the record.
Article 5 Functions and duties of the Committee of Experts
(1) Formulate proposition principles, collect and formulate contest topics;
(2) Formulate evaluation rules and organize online evaluation and evaluation of experts at expert meetings;
(3) Review the entries and submit the list of winners to the organizing committee;
(4）Objections to the final assessment results entrusted by the organizing Committee;
(5) Organizing the exhibition and exchange of excellent works.
Article 6 Responsibilities of the Secretariat
(1) Put forward Suggestions on the revision of the competition regulations and other relevant systems as entrusted by the organizing committee;
To be responsible for the preliminary review of the work plan of each competition and submit it to the organizing committee for final review;
(2) To comprehensively understand and master the current work dynamics and progress of the competition;
Collect and sort out opinions and Suggestions about the competition and submit them to the organizing committee for discussion;
(3) Put forward a list of candidates for the Excellent Organization Award and submit it to the organizing Committee for approval according to the regulations on the selection of excellent Organizations award;
(4) Responsible for the construction, maintenance and daily operation of the official website of the Competition;
(5) Responsible for online registration, online payment and online submission of contest papers of the participating teams;
(6) Complete other work entrusted by the Organizing Committee.
Chapter III The schedule and the contents of the competition
Article 7 Schedule of competition
(1) The competition will be held once a year, generally starting in the second half of each year (from late November to early December).
(2) The topic of the national competition shall be unified, and communication competition shall be adopted to encourage schools to carry out the competition in a relatively concentrated form.
(3) College students take teams as the units to participate in the competition. There are 1-3 students in each team with no limitation on majors.
Article 8 Competition Contents
(1) The competition questions are generally from practical problems in the fields of engineering and management, images and graphics, computers, etc., and they are refined and processed, and do not require contestants to master in-depth expertise in advance.
(2) The work submitted by the participant should be a paper including model hypothesis, model establishment, model solution, model improvement, result analysis and test, etc.
The criteria for evaluating works are rationality of models and their assumptions and results, creativity, and standardization of written expressions.
Chapter IV competition Rules
Article 9 The participants shall be full-time college students.
Article 10 During the competition, the participating team members may use all kinds of books, computers and software to browse the Internet, but they may not discuss with anyone outside the team (including online).
Article 11 After the competition begins, the questions will be published at the designated website for download by the participating teams. Each team will complete the answer sheet within the specified time and hand in the paper on time.
Article 12 If other literature, pictures, charts and data are cited, the competition paper should be clearly stated.
Chapter V Setting of awards and methods of awards
Article 13 There shall be grade award, excellent Organization award and Excellent Advisor Award.
Article 14 Units and individuals that have won grade awards, excellent Organization awards and Excellent Advisor awards will be awarded corresponding certificates of honor.
Article 15 Outstanding students and teachers will be invited to attend the Academic Conference on Graphics Technology and Applications (IGTA), where the prize winners will be awarded.
Chapter VI Publicity for Awards
Article 16 The list of winners shall be published on the official website of the competition, and the public notice period shall be no less than 7 working days.
During the publicity period, we will receive reports and appeals from teachers and students of all schools.
The committee of experts shall be responsible for the investigation, arbitration and reply of reports and appeals.
The winners list will be officially announced after the public announcement.
Chapter VII Intellectual Property Rights
Article 17 The entries shall not be used for commercial purposes without the permission of the authors, and no one shall misappropriate the results of the entries, except for those used for competition review, academic exchange and exhibition on the official website and other work related to the competition.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Provisions
Article 18 The articles of Association shall be implemented from July 2020, and the interpretation and modification rights of the articles shall be vested in Beijing Image graphics Society and the Organizing Committee of The Asia-pacific College Students Mathematical Modeling Competition.